In the Bellingen Shire area
Community Development is about helping communities do things for themselves. It is a process based on social justice principles such as equality, access, fairness, human rights, empowerment and local participation and control.
We do Community Development through:
- Community consultation (e.g. conversations, meetings and surveys)
- Assisting and supporting the growth and development of community groups
- Supporting civil and social action campaigns
- Mapping community strengths, needs, gaps and assets
- Delivering community activities and events